2013年1月22日 星期二

I lost a child in my clinic then my patient got blinded! what will the press headline say?


it was snowing, there were lots of patients waiting to be seen. I was under a huge time pressure. my next patient was a mother of 6. and yes they all entered my tiny consultation room. 3 boys and 3 girls all under the age of 10( i guessed). 2 girls were arguing about who is going to sit in the front car seat. Some children were racing across the room. The mum was tried to calm them down. Then suddenly the 3 years old was climbing up examination bed which is taller than him. I have to run to the bed and stop him. Then I heard someone opened my door and i looked back... 1..2..3..4..5... omg! one is missing! i went out, no sign of the child.... i ended up go to the reception and asked for an announcement. so embarrassing.... then when i returned to my room i saw the remaining child hiding under my desk playing hide and seek... before i can go any further, 2 boys were fighting for the toys and suddenly the toy flew across the room and hit the mother( may be in the eye i guess since the mother was coving her eye and was in agony!) i was shocked, fuming. First I lost a child in the clinic then my patient got blinded! what will the press headline say?

I shouted at the kids, you you you you you you, shut up and sit down now and i am not going to repeat myself.

it works! they all sat down on the floor. quiet.  

The mum said 'u r very experience with kids, u have kids yourself?'

i was like, 'no, and after seeing your kids...never'.... but i didn't say that.
What i came up with was, 'No, now lets get back to you, what bring u here today?' 

1 則留言: